Saturday, April 25, 2009

Peachtree TV's just not that into Ginnifer Goodwin!

(I know, girls. Peachtree IS a joke, isn't it?)

Peachtree TV can go suck a fuck!

I know I have shared my hostile sentiments towards this poor imitation of a TV station before but Peachtree has really crossed the line this time.

I just finished watching Mona Lisa Smile on the channel and I am truly revolted by how Peachtree has violated the half-decent movie. In order to make the movie fit into the convenient 2 hour time slot, they cut out the most interesting (in my opinion) storyline in the movie. The side story in question is the one involving Ginnifer Goodwin's character, a sort-of-shy girl who struggles to land a date, despite the fact that she's ridiculously charming. Over the course of the movie, she meets a nerdy young lad and experiences love for the first time (break-ups and all). It sounds like a very minor part of the story - and it kind of is - but I thought it was the most endearing parts of the grrl-power-in-the-40s flick.

Perhaps I'm biased because, in some ways, Ginnifer's story is the cinematic equivalent of my life (minus the cute nerd bf and the ridiculously charming part). But even if I didn't relate to the character, I think I would still find Peachtree's editing annoying. Because really, who wants to miss out on a whole section of a movie? Clearly lame pseudo-legit TV stations.

P.S. - On a lighter note, is it just me, or do gender-oriented schools in movies make you want to leave the co-ed post-secondary world forever? Everytime I watch all-girl school flicks like Mona Lisa Smile and Strike! (or as they call it nowadays All I Wanna Do) and even some all-boys school adventures (School Ties, Dead Poets Society, The Emperor's Club) I get a sudden urge to make like a feminist and leave the boys behind. I'm sure I'd get sick of it after a while, but I think it could be kind of empowering too...

I'm Watching: Shag: The Movie

No comments:

Post a Comment