Saturday, April 11, 2009

Drive me lazy...



"Les, that license in your wallet, that's not an ordinary piece of paper, that is a driver's license, and its not only a driver's license, it's an automobile license, and it's not only an automobile license, it's a license to live, a license to be free, a license to go wherever, whenever and with whomever you choose!" - Dean (Corey Feldman)

Last night I got so sick of my mass of assignments that I decided to ditch them and veg out with License to Drive, a cheese-tastic little 80s flick called starring my D-List loves, The Two Coreys (Feldman and Haim for those not in the know). It was so ridiculous and bright-colored (Heather Graham's dress was practically radioactive) but I loved every minute of it.

I'm sure it helps that I just went through this madness of getting my license. I could totally identify with Les (the Haimster's character), who wants his license more than anything, but isn't quite ready yet. Except I don't find Heather Graham as appealing as he and the rest of the world seems to (see also: Boogie Nights and Lenny Kravitz's "American Woman" video). But I did love how her name was Mercedes, which led Les to whip out this awesome quip when his dad asked him if he wanted his old smashed up BMW: "No thanks, Dad. I already have a Mercedes".

Oh Corey, that was line so good you almost passed the "Favourite Corey" test. But unfortunately, you are still missing an essential aspect of truly awesome Corey-dom: you did not have a role in the best movie of all-time: The Goonies. Sorry bro. Better luck next time.



Mood Music: "The Climb" by Miley Cyrus

No comments:

Post a Comment