Monday, November 30, 2009

I Heart John Mayer...




"Half of my heart is a shotgun wedding to a bride with a paper ring. And half of my heart is the part of a man who's never really loved anything..."

My fav sorta-sensitive-sorta-sarcastic-guitar-wielding-man-whore is back! If you haven't listened to John Mayer's new album, Battle Studies, get on it! It's not quite Continuum, but it's still pretty damn delicious.

Two of my top picks from the album are "Half of My Heart" (featuring Taylor Swift!) and "Heartbreak Warfare". They're folksy and dreamy and yummy and best served with a cup of peppermint tea. I was lucky enough to see Mr. Mayer do them both live on Tuesday night at his Sound Academy show but they are just as awesome on the album. So take a listen. If you're like me, you'll get a serious heart-on. Pun intended and awkward innuendo intended.



Mood Music: "Tell Me Why" by Taylor Swift

2 comments:

  1. is the "ft. taylor swift" part of the song, just her doing background? poor taylor, she got the short end of that schtick....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty much. Ha ha.

    The first time my mom and I listened to it, we were like, "They lied. She's not in this at all." We even checked the booklet to see if she helped it write it cause we were so confused. Turns out she just pipes in randomly. Oh well. I still love the fact that she was involved.

    ReplyDelete