Sunday, November 22, 2009

Get your Freak on!




























(I don't like this book. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!)

Last Saturday night, I made the unfortunate transition from teen to twenty-something (I can't buy Teen Vogue without feeling guilty anymore!). Although I was sad to say goodbye to my teen years, my day was anything but upsetting.

Over the course of the weekend, I received quite the assortment of awesome from my friends and family. Every single present I got appealed to my love of campy and so-cool-they're-uncool pop culture fixations. The sweet swag included Whedonverse delights (a new Buffy season 8 comic, Firefly: The Complete Series and a copy of Serenity), Michael Cera DVDs,  HSM accesories (Cause everyone needs a singing Troy Bolton pen!), New Moon merch and totally rad vintage NKOTB books.

Although I was gaga for everything I got, one present truly set my fangirl side ablaze.  Ladies and gents, say hello to the Holy Grail of TV DVDs, the Freaks and Geeks: Yearbook Edition.

P.S. - Can I just say that I've looked at this McKinley High (Sound familiar? McKinley High is also the name of the school in Glee!) yearbook more times in the last week than I've looked at any of my own yearbooks in, well, ever?

Mood Music: "Possibility" by Lykke Li

No comments:

Post a Comment