Friday, July 17, 2009

Emmy takes on the Emmy's..



When the Emmy nominations were announced on Thursday, I was one unhappy Emmy. Once again, the awards show neglected to fulfill my always burning desire to see seriously underappeciated TV get recognition (although, really the award show's name would suggest otherwise). Pushing Daisies was nearly neglected (thank god for a Kristen Cheno nod!). NPH was denied (although he is hosting the show). The United States of Tara barely made the cut (at least they recognized Toni Collete's brilliance). And worst of all, True Blood was completely shut out (how much does that one suck!)! If this Emmy had any actual input, things would be mighty different.

But even in this haze of terrible misrepresentative judgements, I managed to find some solace in the fact that the truly awesome Jemaine Clement (a.k.a. the better half of Flight of the Conchords) got some Emmy love. And no, I'm not just talking about the overwhelming fangirly sentiments he gets from me on a regular basis - although those are at an all-time high at this moment in time.

In honor of my anger at those other Emmy peeps out there, I present Bret's angry dance montage (frustrated dance-outs are always the answer(!) - just ask my homeboy, Ren McCormack) from Flight of the Conchords. And in honor of Mr. Clement's nom, enjoy this autre fantastique samplemoose of le genius that is Jemaine and Bret.


Mood Music: "I'm Not Crying" by Flight of the Conchords

No comments:

Post a Comment