Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Anthropologie's really got a hold on me...








Yesterday, I went to the new Anthropologie store at the Shops at Don Mills and fell in loverly about 140 times over.

I have been to the store several times in the States before, but I never fell as hard for the quirky looks of this upscale Urban Outfitters as I did last night. The moment I walked in, I was hooked. As I walked around the store, I was absolutely positive about three things. First, the dresses were ridiculously adorable vintage-inspired masterpieces of bohemian sass (and I'm putting that lightly). Second, that the funky styles were straight off the backs (not literally, but you know what I mean) of my favourite quirky girly style icons - Zooey Deschanel, Kate Nash and Charlotte Charles - complete with the flattering hourglass silhouettes and whimsically colorful patterns. And third, that I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with them (Bonus points if you catch that reference!)

If the price tags had been $100 less, I would have bought at least 5 of the summery frocks. But they were mighty expensive, leaving me with no choice but to admire them from afar (and briefly from underneath the extremely flattering lights of the change rooms). For now, I guess I'll have to settle for working some make-shift Zooey bangs (Vi showed me how to get em' goin'!), rockin' the occasional Kate-ish Forever 21 frock and eating amazing amounts of amusingly alliterative pie.

P.S. - Speaking of Zooey, is anyone else super-pumped for 500 Days of Summer?



Mood Music: "Why Do You Let Me Stay Here?" by She & Him

No comments:

Post a Comment