Monday, May 4, 2009

Throughly Mod-Cloth Emily..




Last week, I entered Mod Cloth's "Just for Kicks" contest. The contest asked girls to come up with some witty names for a few new pairs of their shoes (Mod Cloth always come up with the cutest and most pop-culture filled names!). The girl with the most creative name would win the shoes in their size, along with their name associated with the shoe. I entered every day, just for fun (or kicks, if you will). But today I got an e-mail, telling me that I won one of the pairs of shoes!

I dubbed my winning kicks - a pair of bright blue sneaks with an orange and grey striped lining - The Honest to Blog Hi-Tops. I thought the stripes were very Juno-esque and so, I gave them a name which referenced one of the most quoted lines from Diablo Cody's kickass script (that woman is a god). Apparently, they liked my train of thinking. Here's what they had to say about my entry:

"The bright, fun sneakers from Day 2 demanded something equally effervescent. We loved Emily’s Juno reference in her winning name, Honest to Blog Hi -Tops!"

DO YA LOVE IT!?! (I feel a Sneakernight comin' on!)


P.S. - Check out their totally boss description of the kicks here.

Mood Music: "My Wandering Days Are Over" by Belle & Sebastian

1 comment:

  1. ahhhh! noooo way! So, you read my mind today, or i read yours... probably the latter... lol... i was on modcloth today crying because (a) i have no mula and (b) the cutest stuff is sold-out ALWAYS... grr... i'm gonna let out out my anger by "basically dancing" i love sneakernight <3... oh, and i'm soooo jealous that you got cool shoes from mod cloth... plus, you totally deserve it and their description of the sneakers is so amazing... too many Juno references to count... p.s. i love you... i'm almost done exams baby!

    ReplyDelete