Saturday, May 23, 2009

If it makes you happy, it can't be that bad..



This morning, when I was in my car going to work, "If It Makes You Happy" (by Sheryl Crow) came on the radio. I've heard this song a billion times, but for some reason, today it really struck a chord (he he..music puns) with me. In the few minutes that it replaced the pre-work anxiety in my head, I realized that really, this song contains what might as well be my personal motto in life.

I will be the first to admit that I like a fair share of what some might call, "terrible" TV shows, books, magazines and movies. But just because they aren't technically well-done, doesn't mean they aren't worth something. They are worth something to you. They make you happy. And if they make you happy, they can't be that bad. Case in point: Crossroads. It's a ridic movie in theory, but it fills me with middle-school nostalgia and makes me feel totally awesome. Oh yeah, and it may feature a certain epiphany-inducing song by a former Mrs. Lance Armstrong (see: randomly Spanish YouTube vid).

P.S. - This pic and vid just scream summer road trip to me! I think it's a sign. Anyone wanna kick it air-conditioned gypsy-style with me this summer vacay?

Mood Music: "So Have I For You" by Nikka Costa

No comments:

Post a Comment