Thursday, May 7, 2009

Confessions of a Rock Star groupie...

You can argue with me until the end of time, but I will ALWAYS defend the awesomeness that is Rock Star. It's actually really entertaining - and often times even hilarious (Is that Marky Mark rapping again or am I daydreaming?) And the songs (oh the songs!) are way too amazing to belong to a fictional band. Oh, and Mark Wahlberg is a stone fox in it like usual.

If you're still not sold, watch this scene. It gives me goosebumps (and often times, a few tears) whenever I watch the movie. I totally lose it when Jennifer Aniston's character, Emily (You don't know how much my pre-teen self loved the fact that Marky Mark was repeatedly saying my name) starts to choke up. Perhaps I'm a cry baby but I love me a good reunion scene. Especially when it involves a very Eddie Vedder-esque character named Chris serenading a girl with my name with a particularly beautiful Verve Pipe song.

Chris sings, "I know I can be colorful. I know I can be grey. But this loser's living fortunate, cause I know you will love me either way." This line totally speaks to me. Because even though this movie isn't perfect, I will never stop loving it. (Cheesiness totally intended.)

Mood Music: "We All Die Young" by Steel Dragon

No comments:

Post a Comment