Sunday, March 22, 2009

I (totes mcgotes) love this movie, man..



Today I went to see I Love You, Man again. And it was just as great the second time around.

Perhaps it's the fact that I find both Paul Rudd and Jason Segel to be way too funny for their own good, but honestly, I thought this movie was hysterical. Some of the catchphrases Paul's character, Peter, tries to make up were so awkward and wrong (he calls Jason's Sydney "Jobin" and "City Slicka") but they made crack up because quite frankly, haven't we all made some sort of terribly lame reference when we're making new friends?

One moment particularly struck home with me. At one point, Peter says "totes mcgotes" instead of "totally". Recently, I went through a faze where I added "mc" to everything (see: "awks mcgawks", "chills mcgills"). My friends, particularly Candis, said it was hilarious. But I know after the 100th time I said it was "lames mcgames", they secretly wanted to put me in the sleeper hold.

The point is, see this movie. If you're anything like me, and you're feeling the pre-exam stress building up inside, see this movie and you'll feel better. At least for 2 hours. Then you'll get stressed out again and be wondering how the hell to feel like a normal human being again. My advice? Just think of Jason Segel wearing man-Uggs and socks. Works like a charm.

P.S. - I think I might be obsessed with Rashida Jones' style in this movie. She wears so many cardigans and girly flowy tops that are too cute for words. And she has full-bangs which I guess I identify with now, since I'm officially became part of the full-bangs brigade as of Friday.


Mood Music: "Whyyouwannabringmedown" - Kelly Clarkson

No comments:

Post a Comment