Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The cowpoke is a vamp..



I listened to Carrie Underwood's new song "Cowboy Casanova" and I have to say, it's one catchy slice of country-pop. But I may or may not have been heavily influenced by the fact that the two of my all-time favourite words (and types of man-candy) appear multiple times in the song.

Although the song has an undeniable Southern vibe, after looking at the lyrics, I kinda feel like the hunky ranch hand Carrie sings of might be of the undead variety. Just look at the lyrics:

"He's a good time cowboy casanova,
Leanin' up against the record machine
He looks like a cool drink of water,
But he's candy-coated misery
He's the devil in disguise, a snake with blue eyes
And he only comes out at night
Gives you feelings that you don't wanna
fight, You better run for your life"


He's a devil in disguise? He's only comes out at night? You better run for you life?! I don't know, but the boy sounds like Bill Compton's long-lost cousin to me.

All this vampy cowpoke talk reminds me of a Harlequin Romance I once spotted at Indigo. It was called Drop Dead Gorgeous and featured a nearly nude vampire cowboy in lounging in a moonlit bathtub on the cover. I haven't seen it in a store since, but I would give my left boob to get my hands on a copy. Well, maybe not. But I might give a little blood. Especially if the receiver of said plasma looks like a cold drink of water and never goes out without his cowboy hat.


P.S. - Speaking of creature of the night, is anyone else totally into The Vampire Diaries?

Mood Music: "So Far Away" by Carole King

No comments:

Post a Comment