Monday, October 5, 2009

Creek love..




Dear Mr. Leery,

I've been avoiding this attraction for years. I should have admitted it back in my grade 11 media studies class, where I played you in a impromptu reenactment of the final scene of the pilot episode of your show. But I refused because my friend Sara joked that I looked exactly like you. And quite frankly, being a girl, I was kinda offended. However, after 4 years I've finally come clean. Dawson, you and I would make the perfect couple.

You're a film nerd. I'm a film nerd. You've got an unhealthy thing for E.T. I've got an unhealthy thing for E.T. You're emotional and needy. I'm emotionally needy. You love sweater vests. I love boys in sweater vests. You're horribly introspective. I'm horribly introspective (I think..). You relate every bit of your life to a scene in a movie (only you - and I - would think to play a prank on obnoxious ferry boat riders using techniques perfected in American Graffiti). I relate every bit of my life to a scene in a movie. You work at a video store. I wish I worked at a video store. You have sandy blonde locks. I have chemically altered sandy blonde locks. You'd rather spend the night watching movies in your bed than hit up a house party. I'd rather spend the night watching movies in your bed than hit up a house party. You fall for the people who don't fall for you. I always fall for the people who don't fall for me. You tend to get a little too spirited at Halloween. I always get a little two-spirited on Halloween (see all my previous manly costumes: Kevin Federline, Garth Algar, Peter Pan). You like to use fancy words to spice up a convo and make yourself seem like an intellectual. I like to use the word "fancy".

Dawson, if we're not made for each other, then I don't know who is. Forget Joey. Come elope with me in Atlantic City (I'm saving Vegas for the 21st b-day)! I know I'm being a bit forward here, but you know us better than anyone, and we don't seem to get anywhere with the opposite sex without taking a few risks. So stop over-thinking this and answer me as soon as possible. Cause quite frankly, I don't wanna wait for our lives to be over. I wanna know right now what will it be. Will it be yes, or will it be, sorry?

XOXO,

Emily

Mood Music: "Dance Anthem of the 80s" by Regina Spektor

No comments:

Post a Comment