Monday, May 24, 2010

If Wallflowers could talk...

 


According to TheWrap, Stephen Chbosky is making my favourite book of all-time, The Perks of Being a Wallflower into a movie. Wait. It gets worse...

Word on the shitty adaptation street is they're getting Emma Watson to play Sam. And this lame-o to play my favourite shy guy (or me-in-boy-version), Charlie.

I feel so...NOT infinite. I think I'm gonna go listen to "Asleep" and cry into my book now.

Mood Music: "Scarborough Fair" by Simon & Garfunkel

2 comments:

  1. Only read this once years ago but I loved it. I hope it isn't ruined. That happens way too often though with great books (or anything!) of our childhood/teenagerhood, though. I'm just waiting for them to do some live action version of Daria where they put glasses on Miley Cyrus in a brunette wig.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so true about nostalgic faves being adapted. They never live up to your expectations/memories. The only recent exception? "Where the Wild Things Are." LOVED it.

    And as for Miley as Daria - don't scare me! Love her stupid dance tunes - but she could never fill Daria's Docs. Hell, no one could.

    ReplyDelete