Monday, September 21, 2009

Diablo Cody is totally boss.




It's been over a week since I spoke to the coolest woman alive and needless to say, I am still freaking out.

My only goal at this year's TIFF was to meet Diablo Cody, my favourite writer, in person. I staked out red carpet sitch before the Jennifer's Body premiere (at the Ryerson Theatre!) avec my similarly celeb-crazy friends but alas, Diablo dodged the fan area and went straight for the press. I was totally bummed but I went to see the movie, hoping that it would help me forget how awesome it would have been to talk to the woman who made Sunny-D and hamburger phones cool again. However, everytime I heard Megan Fox or Amanda Seyfried whip out a wickedly witty Diablo-fied quip in the midst of the teenage bloodshed, I couldn't help but wish I'd somehow found my way into the press area. My insta-regret expanded even more during the Q & A, when she declared that she would make JB "children's toys" and "fruit snacks" if the movie did well at the box office.

As we left the theatre to head home, I saw the usual crowd of fanboys and girls huddling around the exit to the Rye Theatre, hoping to snap one final shot of Megan Fox. Suddenly, I realized that this could be my chance to see Diablo, one last time. Yelling some sort of muffled version of "Hold my stuff!", I ran into the crowd and immediately made BFFs with some girl in front. I had laringitis at the time, so I asked her, in my sorta pubscent drag queen voice, to call out "Diablo!" at the top of her lungs and hold out the magazine I had with me if a short-haired blonde chick came out. And being the BFF that she is, she screamed for Diablo, until she gravitated towards me.

My hands shaking and my voice as high as it could go (think about RuPaul level), I handed Diablo my copy of her latest EW column. She smiled and said she was really surprised and flattered that I read her articles. I told her that I also read her book and that she was ridiculously witty and awesome (I know, smooth, right?). Then she took a picture with me! Just as I went to say thank you, she got whisked away to talk to some other fans. I was too starstruck to even mind.

Mood Music: "You Belong with Me" by Taylor Swift

No comments:

Post a Comment