I'd like to say I had some wicked awesome, life-changing reasons for it. But I don't. However, I do have some pretty decent, fairly important ones....
- I had an overloaded semester, which included a course load like never before (five full credit courses and one double credit one) and a hella lot of time in the campus editing suites.
- Speaking of editing, I can now say that I, Emily Gagne, have contributed to the production of a film! I was the editor (and occasional reporter) on a short documentary on Toronto's fashion identity. We followed a young designer, Cara Cheung as she put on her first runway show.
- I slept about three hours a night during this soul-sucking time and barely had time to go watch, let alone write about whatever awesome Vh1 reality show I wanted to be streaming but couldn't. I also went a whole month without stepping foot on old popcorn and dried Pepsi-lined floors of a movie theatre. It was disgusting.
- Right after finishing this hella hard school year, I got my wisdom teeth out. Then three weeks later, I got an infection and had to get emergency surgery. I ended up in the ER that night, looking like a True Blood extra. I won't get into the gory details, but I will say my blood pressure went down to 60/30. (I'm fine now!)
- All of this hard work (well, minus the wisdom teeth stuff) resulted in me being able to graduate on time -- and surprisingly, with honours! -- alongside my Ryerson J-Skool friends!
(Me and Candis, my first and best friend at Rye High.)
(Me and my Jessica Simpsons. Take that, Carrie "Formerly a Candie's Girl" Bradshaw!)
Now that I'm out of school and currently without a job (Being Winona in the middle of Reality Bites isn't nearly as romantic as I imagined it would be!), I plan on bringing this blog back to full-life. And not in some half-assed, I'll-just-turn-her-into-a-vampire thing. So to kick off this rebirth, I have two very important placenta-related notes to make....
1) HOW GOOD IS BORN THIS WAY!?! (Full, overly analytical post on this in the works!) I have not stopped listening to it since I drove an hour out of my way to buy it on Canada Day.
2) Did you or did you not get a bit of a Twihard-on after seeing Edward break the bed in the trailer for Breaking Dawn? (I still can't believe they're actually making this demon spawn of the otherwise uncomfortably addictive "Saga" into a movie. But I guess the first half of the book is kind of sexy, so this one shouldn't be so bad. RIGHT?!)
Until next time, which hopefully will be really super-soon times...
P.S. - For a more fangirly look at my recent life, check out my Tumblr (Punny Girl) and Twitter (@emilygagne). I'm also still posting up a storm on my female film critic blog, Cinefilles!
Mood Music: "American Girl" - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers